Saturday, February 7, 2009

While watching "He-Man, Masters of the Universe" from 1987 on TV4 Plus..


I have the hottest boyfriend in the world.



Lately I've played with the thought of launching a new blog with a specific subject I have in mind, I have a few ideas and layouts, no blog name/title though; but most of all I need a good first kick-off contribution..
It won't be about fashion, Stureplan, interior design nor all my animals. But if you know me well enough you may figure it out, nope; I wasn't gonna write about music either..

*Gosh, the He-Man flick is just...astonishing.. the special effects.. oy oy oy*

In a week from now one of U.S' biggest commercial holidays will take place; Valentine's Day! I'm curious what my friends and relatives are doing on this day. Last year I actually arrived to Sweden the day after Valentine's Day to spend it with someone else than who I'm seeing now. Valentine's is a wee bit of a sensy subject since it was around this time my ex-husband proposed to me, it was actually suppose to take place on Feb 14 during a dinner out; but I started some kind of small argument and a proposal was sorta out of the question that night. One or 2 nights after we visited a cozy Italian restaurant to which we had received a gift certificate. "D" hung his jacket on my chair and at one point during dinner he asked me to reach down in the pocket of his jacket to check if he had brought the gift certificate; apparently I checked the wrong pocket and felt a tiny box instead. I believe he didn't recognize me just slowly sticking my hand in the other pocket and quickly confirmed that the certificate was there.
It didn't happen that night either, but on Feb 17 he popped the question at the newly opened Cheesecake Factory in Hackensack, NJ. It wasn't very spectacular, but our relationship was indeed.

At work today my co-worker Linda and I started talking about weddings and clothes for some reason. O yea, she mentioned the "folkdräkt" that is so typical for my province Dalarna..
http://www.sverigedrakten.se/story/story-eng.html (this is an annoying site; but all I can find for now).. Also see picture above..
Linda thought it was dorky, but I kinda like them. I even took Millie to see the new exhibition of these traditional costumes at the museum on the day I babysat her. She fell asleep.
Each little village has its own costume here in Dalarna and while back I did some research and found the costume of Malung (where my boyfriend is from) which I took a liking to; it has a lot of black and red in it, very pretty. I wouldn't mind getting married in a such a traditional outfit.


My boyfriend's parents live about +2hrs from me/us and next wknd le boyfriend is attending a funeral on Feb 13 there and then may spend Valentine's with me, but I suggested he'd staying at his parents since he needs to be at work (which is closer to his parents than to where we're living) on Sunday morning. We'll see what happens. Stoopid Valentine's.
Zelda and I have shared some tortilla chips :) It's nice to have have time for oneself, but still strange when Martin is not around (like now!) , I miss his lava heat body in bed, when M is not here; I let Zelda sleep in the bed! :) Good night.


No comments: