Monday, January 12, 2009

Food & Animals










Saturday night was dinner with the siblings (Martin, Macke, Mia) and Millie, at my place :) I made chicken in the oven and a salad of leek (purjolök), avocado and marinated cheese cubes.

Last night Macke and I went over to Mia, Jesper, Millie, Kasper and Tinus (K & T are sons of Jesper) and played Singstar ABBA! Though I have never cared for this band; the songs were pretty fun to sing along to, though some were kinda..hard. I actually used to take singing lessons in Midtown East on Manhattan once upon a glorious time, my then teacher has a pretty funny blog (surely NOT about singing..)..

www.midtowngirl.com

After Singstar extravaganza I walked over to the supermarket, picked up a few things and Macke, my mom and I had a fish soup dinner. Fish soup have had weekly standing ovations in this household the last weeks; easy to make, cheap to make (you can make plenty; freeze in, keep in fridge, bring for lunch), yummy; no need to be fatty, and fun to make since you can put in a lot of different variations.

¤ When I moved into my little apt here in Sweden Sep 1 I told my mom I could take over the role as her rats' mama, she had wanted rats for a long time; but when she finally got the cute couple - that she named Edina & Patsy - she realized that she was very allergic to them :( So then they moved in with MOI!
¤ Then my brother Martin started a new job. But his beloved jewel Zelda (the dog) did not agree on being alone, so she barked and barked and barked; and the neighbors got a wee bit irritated, and Zelda moved in with me. Exactly a week ago.
¤ Last night when mom and I walked Zelda she told me she might get rid of her beautiful Bengal cat Astrid, meaning: put her to sleep, since she kept peeing everywhere. Mom said Astrid had been in heat way too long and didn't understand what was up with her. I suggested that maybe a change of scenery would do her good, maybe if she moved into MY place for a while..??
I'm not sure if I actually PROMISED to take over Astrid, but we may have a leopard spotted cat in this gigantic mansion one of these days. May.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi there :).... Så du har blivit en sån där som tar hand om andras djur höger och vänster.

Usch, jag skäms för att jag inte har hört av mig och hälsat på dig i Falun. Lovar att fixa det under våren så vi får träffas lite.

Kram Jenny i Sandviken