Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Det var en God Jul (It was a Merry Christmas)




















9.30 today: Ulf (my sister Mia and my brothers Marcus and Martin's dad) picked us up at my apt and we drove to Helena & his place 5 minutes away.
9.45: Started appetizer dish, chatted, listened to music, snuggled Siri (the cat), had some tequila and waited for Mia, Jesper and Millie to arrive; which they did shortly after 11.00. My brother Martin who lives nearby stopped by with his Zelda - the Princess - as well.
We continued last year's success with a Mexican Christmas lunch; an idea noone seemed to dislike ;-)
For appetizer I made a roquemole; guacamole with Roquefort cheese and jalapeno peppers; which was served with tortilla chips and Mexican beer, it was pretty delicious. For entre we had toast with scrambled eggs with red and yellow peppers, red onion, corn, Västerbotten cheese and fresh cilantro, YUM.
After lunch Helena served up a homemade cheesecake and then.. we were STUFFED.

Drove off to mom's a couple of hours later after picking up Jesper's mom Monica and her dog Lurvas, everyone were in a great mood and mom's place was really cozy with lit candles, red and gold decorations, stars and more candles, even her dining room chairs and couch were Christmas red (for real..).. (there was a lot of chocolate as well.. lord have mercy)..

We had glögg and gingerbread cookies with Gorgonzola and Castello cheese, watched Kalle Anka (Disney special on channel 1 since I was a kid) and then came more FOOD! A very typical Swedish Christmas smörgåsbord with herring, potatoes, meatballs, ham and mustard, salmon and Christmas bread with sliced cheese.

THEN, came presents. I think the ones I gave this year were appreciated.
I got a pink blender from OBH Nordica which I've had my eyes on for about a year or so, LOL! Tack Mia & Jesper, and Millie.
I also got a motherfucking cheese slicer ya hrrrrrrrrd..

Watched "Karl-Bertil Jonssons Julafton" and had the cheesecake I made last night (and had forgot that I brought) with cherry marmalade, quiet splendid indeed ;-) But that was enough cheesecaking for this millennium..

Cab home. Cleaning up apt tomorrow.

Avis quam potes cibare, vetula sed nulli picare..

No comments: